Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Why . . . .

Have we spent on RENT from April 1, 2008 thru May 1, 2008 $8,385.00?????? What the f*ck! And no the dayum rent ain't $4,000 a month. Why is the dayum house with the leaking roof and the "new" stove that cooks corn bread for an hour (and it still ain't done) so f*cking expensive? I'm at a lost for words. *thinking* well not really, but dayum. I feel like I live in the Titanic. Beautiful at first glance, but when you get in the mo'fo, it's gonna sink. *chuckle* Yes I'm laughing to keep from crying.

And why did the property owner, or company rather send an email to my hubby on May 2nd saying they haven't received the rent check yet? *lookin into camera* Did I mention they are in CALIFORNIA and that's where the rent check is to be mailed. Ummmm yeah, NEXT! My hubby couldn't dial the dayum number fast enough. Surprisingly they answered his call. Seeing that no one has answered ANY of his other phone calls regarding the 11 page (and growing) list of things that need to be fixed here. I guess they thought it was someone else since the hubby called from a "new" number. Why they avoiding us like we the collection agency? And then have the nerve to say they haven't received the rent on the 2nd of the month when that sh*t is being 1) mailed and 2) going about 3,000 miles away? *lookin into camera* and *rollin my dayum eyes*

How come when I looked up the landlord/tenant laws for the state of Missouri, them sh*ts seemed VERY pro landlord? There were about 5 links for tenants and about 12 for landlords. Including how to get tax rebates and gov't money, some 203c sh*t for those interested in "rehab" homes and what not. I found that very interesting. And WHY when I searched the Missouri laws for recourse for when a landlord doesn't fix problems in a reasonable amount of time, did the law state that you have to have been residing in the residence for SIX months BEFORE you can fix it yourself and deduct the rent? And please tell me why, you can only deduct $300 or LESS 1/2 the rent? Whichever is greater. *neck twist* Does anybody have a contractor who fixes leaking roofs for $300.00? Somebody get me Pookie. LOL

Okay I'm done. I'm just too through. I really am. My azz will be trying to fix sh*t myself. Now you know that's a shame.

*shakin my head* - Mama Alyson

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, May 07, 2008, Blogger monicac2 said…

    Yikes! I hope that landlord gets his act together - or we might have to go straight Oakland on him!

     
  • At 7:17 PM, May 07, 2008, Blogger Still Patrice said…

    WOW! thats just insane... i hope you get it worked out!

     
  • At 4:10 AM, May 08, 2008, Blogger Aziza said…

    I hope things get better, because that's straight up crazy with the landlord's selective way of taking phone calls. But it's also crazy how the laws are only set up to protect the landlords.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, May 09, 2008, Blogger AR Gal said…

    I think I almost shed a tear reading the rent amount. Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrl...*smdh* That's why I'm trying to move on up and out from renting my damn self. I had a revelation this week that I'm tired of doing it. My plan is to be a homeowner in two years (preferably less). I wish ya'll well with your landlords from hell.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, May 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo, Cat,

    That's one hell of a bite. I'd be pissed too, (and you know how pissed old Pro can get over matters financial! LOL).

    Keep trying to contact your landlord and in the meantime, I'd advise you guys to try to buy your own place if renting is going to create that much drama.

    I'd have to believe real estate is relatively cheaper now, especially in your part of the country, with all this subprime ish going on.

    Peace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home